Intro: Evolving and Growing your Business
So this section is about evolving and growing your business. So, we're gonna talk about basically, our goal is to grow our business, for most people, to be a full time job. And that has a lot of scalability issues associated. So first I'm gonna talk about how to avoid the pitfalls of growing and how to scale your business well. We're gonna talk about implementing some changes that will allow you to grow your business bigger. Goal setting, how to use your profits as a vehicle for growth. And then, I'm really excited, secrets to growing your business with Mei Pak. So I'm gonna get through the intro stuff quick as I can, without speed talking. So that we have the most time to talk to Mei as we can. Because she has a hugely successful business and she also has been through all of these steps that we've talked about. So it's gonna be really great. I've also done many of these steps too. So I'm gonna be sharing a lot of my examples from growing Fresh Stitches. Just because you have a busines...
s that's making money now, doesn't mean that you have a business that's scaled to grow well. So that's really what we're gonna be talking about in this first lesson.
Most small business owners begin by doing it all. But as you grow, you’ll probably find that you need help. But what kind of help? And where do you go to get it?
In Outsourcing Workload to Grow Your Business Stacey Trock will show you how to navigate the options for getting the help you need for your business. From bookkeepers and accountants, to graphic designers, photographers and web designers, to virtual assistants, to production assistants, to overseas factories, to marketing agencies...there is a whole world of freelancers able to help your business run more smoothly!
In this class you will learn the following:
- The range of freelancers that are available, and what role they can fill in your business
- How to write a procedures manual for your business, making the delegation of work as seamless as possible
- How to hire a virtual assistant and streamline your business into tasks that can be carried out by someone other than you
- The difference between a contractor and an employee, and the pros and cons of each
- How to outsource the production of physical items for your shop, including working with local artisans and navigating the process of ordering custom items from overseas factories (via Alibaba)
By the end of Outsourcing Workload to Grow Your Business you’ll learn how to decide what is truly important in your business and what your time is worth. The secret to successfully turning over portions of your business is to structure your workload into systematic and well-defined capsules, which can be handed off to a largely-independent freelancer; freeing you up to do the things that you really love!