Click here for John Greengo's new Fundamentals of Photography class for 2018
As a photographer, you will need to master the technical basics of the camera and form an understanding of the kind of equipment you need. The Fundamentals of Digital Photography will also teach something even more important (and crucial for success) than the mechanics of digital photography - how to bring your creative vision to fruition.
Taught by seasoned photographer John Greengo, the Fundamentals of Digital Photography places emphasis on quality visuals and experiential learning. In this course, you’ll learn:
- How to bring together the elements of manual mode to create an evocative image: shutter speed, aperture, and image composition
- How to choose the right gear, and develop efficient workflow.
- How to recognize and take advantage of beautiful natural light.
John will teach you to step back from your images and think critically about your motivations, process, and ultimate goals for a digital photography project. You’ll learn to analyze your vision and identify areas for growth. John will also explore the difference between the world seen by the human eye and the world seen by the camera sensor. By forming an awareness of the gap between the two, you will be able to use your equipment to its greatest potential.
Bonus with Purchase:
Every month, John gives you an hour of expert guidance and immediate feedback with ten questions and ten critiques in this exciting new series we're calling One Hour Photo. John will also sit down with one guest photographer to offer insights, advice, and industry knowledge.
- January One Hour Photo - Student Questions & Colby Brown Interview with Photo Critique
- February One Hour Photo - Student Questions & John Keatley Interview with Photo Critique
- March One Hour Photo - Student Questions & Art Wolfe Interview with Photo Critique
- April One Hour Photo - Student Questions & Rocco Ancora Interview with Photo Critique
- May One Hour Photo - Student Questions & Mike Hagen Interview with Photo Critique
- June One Hour Photo - Student Questions & Lisa Carney Interview with Photo Critique
- July One Hour Photo - Student Questions & Ian Shive Interview with Photo Critique