AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Brainstorm and plan a fine art photograph
- Design a story with props and posing
- Shoot an image that only exists in your imagination
- Complete the vision in Adobe Photoshop
- Self-critique your own work
- Build a business from fine art photography
- Approach galleries with confidence
- Grow your own unique style and brand
ABOUT BROOKE'S CLASS:
Sometimes, creative vision is bigger than a camera can capture. In this class, learn how to turn imaginative ideas into physical fine art prints. From planning the shoot to assembling composites in post, work to turn the images in your dreams into a concrete photographic image. Go from a dreamer to a professional photographer with the help of artist Brooke Shaden.
Start with defining your style and building your creative vision in this three-day class. Then, learn tips and tricks for bringing that vision to life using posing and props. Go behind the scenes in nine live shoots ranging from self-portraiture to creating your own fairytale. Use posing, props, motion, and composition to tell a story.
While fine art photography isn't usually the first business model that comes to mind when considering a career in photography, Brooke shares how it's possible to earn a full-time living from your art. From building a brand to approaching fine art galleries, learn what you need to turn a passion for fine art photography into a career. As Brooke says, you can't stop because your best work is just ahead.
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- Intermediate photographers ready to take fine art to the next level
- Professional photographers looking to expand their storytelling and compositing skills
- Fine art photographers at any skill level
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR:
Brooke Shaden is a storyteller. The American fine art photographer is well-known in the art world for her dream-like, fairytale images. Her work often uses dark tones, heavy emotions, self-portraits, and juxtapositions. Working as a fine art photographer for more than a decade, she started her art journey after studying film in college and now teaches and speaks along with continuing her work. Brooke's work has been featured in dozens of gallery exhibitions, along with magazine and book covers and limited edition fine art prints. After growing up near an Amish community in the United States in Pennsylvania, she now lives in California.