The Myths and Truths About Confidence
Let's talk a little bit about confidence. What are the mids? Where the truths about confidence. Okay, so there are three myths about confidence. Three. First of all, the first mistake that we make about confidence. We think it's the personality trait. It's not a personality trait, so personality traits being introverted, being extroverted. Interesting. There's new research out that shows that most people's personality actually changes over the course of their lifetime. You know, you might start out introverted than you kind of span more towards being extroverted later in life. Vice versa. Confidence isn't something that is attached to your personality, and a lot of us make the mistake of thinking, Oh, that extroverted person has a lot more more confidence than I do. No, no, no, no, no. They're just louder, Okay? I was super extroverted and bossy for a very long time, did not believe in myself. It'll the bossiness was coming from the insecurity, and there's a lot of folks that are very ...
introverted and don't like to be the center of attention because it's uncomfortable or because it drains them. But they really, truly believe deeply and what they're thinking and what they dio so it's not part of your personality trait now. The second thing, it's not fixed. So just cause you have some confidence now does not mean you're gonna have it later. It's It's it's not fixed at all. And the other thing that's interesting is it's not everywhere all the time. So you might be super confident when you, um, walk into the kitchen like I'm super confident I can walk into a refrigerator and just kind because my mom grew up on a farm and come from a long line of farmers. And I can open up a fridge and make you anything without a recipe, because that's hours race, very confident. My skills in that world. There are other things that I'm not confident all about. Confidence is a skill. It's on a train. It is a skill. The other thing is that it is active, meaning if you stop working on it, you're not gonna have it. And the other thing about it, that's kind of cool. Is it situational? So again, this goes back to the thing that there could be things in your life that you're super confident about, and things in your life that you're just not confident about
AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use Mel Robbins’ five-second rule to stop negative thoughts and change your life for the better.
- De-escalate anxiety and agitation.
- Create mental scripts that help you overcome typical situations that get you into trouble and prevent you from acting.
- Overcome your mental blocks and change the way you think about things.
ABOUT MEL'S CLASS:
Are you plagued by the imposter syndrome—thinking that your accomplishments aren’t real and that you’re secretly a fraud and a failure? Do you have crippling anxiety and bad habits that are ruining your chances of achieving your goals? Does your low self-esteem and negative past experience influence your thought patterns? Do you fall into the trap of self-pity that keeps you from seeing positive outcomes? If so, you’re definitely not alone.
If you want to get over these persistent, sometimes agonizing problems so you can gain a new perspective and make real, positive changes in your life, this course can help you do it. Mel Robbins is one of the most sought-after motivational instructors in the world. She’s been trusted by global brands to design and deliver life-changing, interactive experiences that inspire change, challenge thinking, encourage self-love, and accelerate personal and professional growth.
- Understand the science behind how self-doubt effects you.
- Learn and discover ways to overcome self-doubt and have fewer negative emotions.
- Build your self-esteem and competency skills.
- Shed your irrational fears, stop undervaluing yourself, and quiet the inner critic.
- Get out of your comfort zone, quiet the negative voices, and stop practicing habits of hesitation.
- Stop hiding, being hypercritical, and feeling helpless so you can move forward and discover the path to achieve your creative endeavors.
Mel will give you concrete, actionable advice and steps you can practice to help you stop living with the constant worry that plagues and cripples your daily life. By showing you how to overcome self-doubt and build self-confidence, Mel will help you build the confidence you need to realize your dreams, whether it’s starting your own business, losing those 15 pounds that are weighing you down, or finding true love from a partner. After this class, you’ll better understand your patterns, what to do to break unhealthy habits, act with courage, self-compassion, and overcome self-doubt so you can get what you want out of life.
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- People from all walks of life, even successful people, who want to overcome the self-doubt and the fear of failure that is holding them back and preventing them from accomplishing their dreams.
- Those who want to gain more self-confidence so they can go after what they’re worth in their career.
- People who want to develop stronger, deeper and more meaningful relationships and be their best selves.