Logo Design Fundamentals
Logo Design Fundamentals
Tools Required01:38 3
History Of Logos00:53 4
Identity And Brand Ecosystem01:37 6
Creative Proceses01:04 7
Things To Avoid02:39
Logo Fundamentals00:58 10
Types Of Logos03:27 11
General Terminology01:56 12
The Creative Brief02:12 13
Quiz: Getting Started15
Word Lists And Mindmapping02:47 16
Initial Sketches01:42 18
Choosing A Visual Approach01:22 19
Color Considerations04:35 20
From Sketch To Comp04:33 22
Illustrator Drawing Tips08:49 23
Making A Monogram05:31 24
Quiz: Approach 1: Vector Monogram27
Refining Your Sketch11:15 28
Brush Tool Basics11:03 29
Adding Color09:09 30
Adding Texture05:46 32
Quiz: Approach 2: Handmade Combination Mark33
What Not To Do01:48 34
Picking The Right Font02:17 35
Manipulating Fonts13:14 36
Quiz: Approach 3: Logotype37
Be Your First Critic02:03 38
Presentation Tips05:23 39
How To Handle Feedback01:05 40
Delivering Final Files07:23 41
Quiz: Partnering with The Client42
AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Know essential design terminology, types of logos and how to tackle a creative brief.
- Navigate client relationships and d proper file handoffs.
- Build a vector monogram, logotype, and a handmade combination mark from scratch.
- Customize a wordmark and design a logo fit for a responsive world.
- Understand identity and its place in the brand ecosystem.
- Formulate and manage a successful logo design creation process.
- Use wordlists and mindmapping to assist the ideation process.
- Choose a visual approach that is strategic and appropriate for the project.
- Take your sketches and turn them into comps in Adobe Illustrator CC.
ABOUT MARK'S CLASS:
Logos are everywhere you look and while it’s easy to take them for granted, they’re the most powerful and pure expressions of graphic design. A brand’s logo is arguably the most important element of it’s visual identity, encompassing what the brand stands for in one unique symbol. That’s why logo design is one of the most in-demand skills today.
Learn a sure-fire process that will enable you to confidently design impactful logos including insider tips, tools, techniques, resources and best practices to get you started. This class provides a framework for concept generation that will give your creative mind the structure and freedom to soar to new heights.
Regardless of skill, talent level or experience, by the end of this class, you’ll be able to tackle any logo project with skill and precision.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- The anatomy of a logo and how to design 3 different types
- The complete history of logos and essential definitions
- How to avoid the common pitfalls of logo design in your work
- How to get to know your client and their competition by performing in-depth research
- The value of doodles and sketching to the ideation process
- All about color theory and color considerations in logo design
- How to create a monogram in Adobe Illustrator CC
- How typography relates to logo design and how to pick and manipulate fonts
- How to refine sketches and take them to the next level with expert Adobe Illustrator
- Drawing tips
- Brush tool basics, vectorizing, and adding color and texture to your logo in Illustrator
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- Designers and illustrators wanting to create logos
- Logo and brand identity designers wanting to enhance their existing skills
- Freelancers wanting to add Logo Design to their skillset
- Digital marketers and brand managers wanting to expand into logo design
- Anyone wanting to start a professional career in the world of logo design
- Digital nomads looking for work that they can do from anywhere in the world
- All levels of experience
Adobe Illustrator CC
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR:
Award-winning multidisciplinary graphic designer and educator at the School of Visual Arts with 10+ years of experience as an advertising creative. Mark has been recognized by Graphis, HOW, CMYK Magazine, Creative Quarterly and LogoLounge.
Ratings and Reviews
Great! highly recommended this course for all designers.